When you renew in-person at our office you’ll need all of the below items in order to complete the renewal of your tabs.
- License plate number
- VIN (vehicle identification number)
- Record of a passing emissions test (if applicable).
- Washington State Driver’s License number AND the Driver’s License number of all registered owners.
- Verify that the address on the registration is the correct and current address for the vehicle you are renewing tabs for.
- Cash or check if you are renewing at our location.
We’ve included a step-by-step guide to help you renew online and get you on your way.
What you’ll need:
- Your current address. If you haven’t updated your current address you’ll need to do that first, here, before you renew your tabs. (You will be redirected to the Washington State Department of Licensing website)
- The license plate number of the vehicle you’d like to renew.
- The driver license numbers of all the vehicle’s owners.
- A valid Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit or debit card (gift cards not accepted).
The simple steps you’ll take when renewing online:
You will be directed to the Washington State Tab Renewal page.
Renew By Mail
Follow the instructions on your vehicle renewal notice and pay with a check or money order.
Get Tab Renewal Reminders By Email!
Renew your vehicle tabs on time, each year. Sign up to receive your tab renewal notice and reminders will be sent via email. By clicking on the link below, you will be redirected to the Washington State Department of Licensing website where you can enter your license plate and email address and the State will send your tab renewal notification via email. Please note, at the time of receiving the email notice, you’ll still have an opportunity to request a printed renewal notice at that time.
For more information please contact our office.
You may also visit the Washington State Department of Licensing’s site for additional information.